Crash Course in Organizing Online!
Online gatherings can be so, so much better. Most people haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what's possible, but I want to change that.
To that end, I created an online workshop that includes the best of what I have to offer in terms of tips on how to make the most of Zoom and building meaningful connection online.
In this replay recorded from my live online workshop, I'll show all of my best tricks. Have fun and learn at the same time!
In particular, I focus on:
- Best practices for online meetings
- Zoom basics & advanced features (and how to insure against Zoom bombing)
- Simple activities that quickly create a sense of excitement and connection
And so much more.
1. What's happening
We may not have chosen this path, but we can certainly take advantage of the opportunities this new direction affords us. Let's first frame what's happening in terms of what's possible.
We'll run through some fundamentals you may not have thought of—designing a run of show, how you set up your own space, how you communicate, and how you facilitate, and more.
3. Zoom features overview
I've been a fan of Zoom for years because it works super well and is actually a very powerful organizing tool. I'll show you all of the little nuances to the settings Zoom offers, so you can head off predictable issues (like Zoom bombing) and maximize the experience for everyone involved.
- The waiting room feature
- The better way of approaching waiting rooms
- Core settings to get right
- Screen sharing + less well-known features & best practices
- Breakout rooms—Zoom's secret superpower
- Chat & microphone management
- The "original sound" feature for live music
- Recording features
- Virtual backgrounds & filtering features
4. How to make a digital gathering meaningful and awesome
There are so, so many ways to create really meaningful connection online. We'll cover:
- Creating a sense of place
- Easy rituals to foster connection
- Conversation activities & breakout sessions
- Real-time collaboration using shared documents
5. The new territory to explore
We're only getting started in this new world—I'll share with you a few insights I have into where I see things going. We'll touch on the potential of things like:
- Audio-only gatherings
- Physical packages sent to participants
- Customized backgrounds & filters
- Long-term planning for after the crisis passes
Included templates & files
This package will also include handy supplemental files:
- Workshop slides
- Run of Show template
- Online conference planning outline
Each is designed to save you time in your planning!
A jam-packed one-hour deep-dive lecture into Zoom features and best practices